Thursday, March 29, 2012

Teva Zirra


Teva Zirra- Chocolate Chip
Anytime the color of the shoe has chocolate in it, you know you have scored. I bought these looking for some brown sandals that I could wear with skirts, shorts, and capris. I have them on with some denim capris and they work wonderfully! The thin straps make them slightly daintier than similar sandals, like Chacos. Actually, that isn't entirely true. Chaco has some models with thinner straps, but honestly, I couldn't find any that were plain brown. The straps on these are adjustable, but again, curses to my skinny ankles, the strap was a tad loose. They are pulled as tight as they can go, and I need to thread them through the back so they don't drag on the ground. I did read another review on them and the lady was complaining that the straps were too tight on her, and they were stretched all the way! She must live in Houston where it is hot and humid already (and she did confess to having wide feet). The thing that struck me about these as soon as I put them on is how light they are. In my mind, light= flimsy, but I am hoping that isn't the case. Teva makes great shoes and I trust the brand. But it will take some getting used to over my chunkier Chacos. The sole is about an inch thick (maybe less) but seems super comfortable and flexible. I'd say if you were going hiking on rocky terrain, these wouldn't be the shoes for you. But if you are looking for something to romp around in, something versatile and feminine, you've found your mate:)!

4 comments:

KatieT said...

I've ready many reviews that stated these run large (up to a full size). Did you find that to be the case?

Anonymous said...

I was wondering the same about sizing

Anonymous said...

How is the sizing

Shernina Nichols said...

Hi

(Katie- I THINK I responded to your question the day you sent it, but for some reason, it didn't post my response! Did you ever get it?)

I originally bought an 8.5 and did find it to be large. For sandals, I am usually an 8.5, sometimes an 8 if its a dressier shoe. I ordered them in an 8 and the fit was good. However, I needed more of a sturdy bottom and ended going with a pair of Chacos. Here is my suggestion (and know that I don't get anything from them for referring you... though I wish I would:)). www.shoebuy.com carries them and at the moment, they have 20% off promotion with the code "HIFALL". Free shipping, free returns- so I'd order a 1/2 size down and know that if it doesn't work, you can ship it back for free and get a size up or down. But my experience has been that going down a 1/2 size worked for me. Good luck! And if you have the time, please feel free to post your experience on the sizing.