Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Shoes I love... and those I don't...

I will admit this up front. I own too many shoes. It is an addiction that I am completely aware of and have no desire to change. And as fate would have it, I am married to a man who owns ONE pair of dress shoes that he wears to work EVERY day and has owned for the last five years. At this point, they have a hole in the sole which is, according to him, only problematic when it rains or snows. I have a suggested a plastic bag on those days only to be shot a dirty look. I don't get it. OK, we are not swimming in wealth over here, but I own close to 100 pairs of shoes and the thought of "hole-y shoes" is just beyond me. Really??? For crying out loud! I have tried buying him shoes thinking that perhaps anything would be welcomed at this point, but I underestimate men when it comes to shoes. On one of our rare date-nights, we hit the mall with the charge of buying some dress shoes. Epic fail. Almost all the shoes were identical, but none were "right". I stared blankly at the saleslady who said,"You'd be surprised how picky men are about shoes!" I suppose if you are only going to have one pair for the next decade, you want the right ones. That does up the anti.

At this point, I know the brands I trust, but am by no means closed off to others. Some of my favorites are: Dansko, Sanita, Keen, Chaco, Jambu, Ugg (clogs, not boots... perhaps a review for another day), Merrell, and Birkenstock. I don't own a lot of heels (I am almost 5' 10" to start off!), but may throw in a review here or there. Before buying almost any shoe, I scour the internet for reviews. Sometimes I find them, sometimes I don't, sometimes they help, and sometimes they don't. My hope for this blog is that I can put my thoughts out there and maybe it will come in handy to someone. If you have any questions, feel free to post them and I will see what I can do:)! One step at a time!

No comments: