Friday, January 25, 2013

Fly London Yase




Being a shoe lover, I often struggle with shoe envy. My friend Cheryl stepped out of her house and immediately, I wanted her shoes. And yes, I know it sounds strange. Her shoes were from a brand called Fly London, one I had never heard of before, which surprised me. I like to think I know most of the cool shoe brands out there... anyhow, let's just say it didn't take long before I added a pair... ok, honestly, three pairs, to my collection. She owns two so naturally, I couldn't get those... I mean, I guess I could, but I already felt like I was infringing on her style, so I went for something similar, but not identical. The Fly London Yase seemed like a good introduction to the brand. They are a cute ankle strap shoe with a nice wedge on it. The wedge is slightly high, about 3.5" (technically, heel is 2.5" and the platform is 1") and I am already tall so I am surprised that I like these as much as I do. They are comfortable and the Yases didn't take much time to break in at all. I wore them to work (I teach and am on my feet all day) and was only distracted by how cute they were. It's pretty cold here now so they may have to hibernate for a bit, but once the weather warms up, these will be cute with leggings, skirts, dresses, capris, etc. I am not a huge fan of how they look with most jeans, but that is just me; it may depend on the cut of the jeans- skinny jeans, yes, boot cut/ flare not so much. Again, personal preference. The ankle strap worries me a little. I can see them stretching out with use. On the upside, they are soft and don't feel rough around the ankle, but I try to wear them a bit loose so they won't stretch out. I usually wear a 8-8.5 US/ 39 EU/ 6 UK and these were good in a 39. Again, it is cold here so I am hoping when it warms up, my feet will still feel fine in these. I ordered a pair of their ankle boots and had to order up a size in those. But in general, these feel true to size. Color... that was a tough one! I ordered the graphite which I consider to be gray, but they are more of a metallic- purple. They are a great alternative to usual black so the fact that the color is a tad unusual doesn't bother me. I also have a pair in "indigo". It is really more of a gray with a slight hint of blue...slate if you will. I am hoping to pair it with more brown tones. The truth is I can't get enough of them... the red is adorable as well! But I have my eye on a red pair from Tsubos so that is holding me off... for now. Besides, three of the same shoe is a bit much... even for me:)!
This is my new favorite background!
 The 5th/ 6th graders at my school made these out of bottles.

No comments: