Friday, January 4, 2013

Salomon Emmy

I bought these Salomon Emmy boots a couple of years ago and was thrilled when I saw them this season in a Title IX catalog. I'd worn them with skinny jeans but given the number of shoes and boots that I own, these just never got the wear time they deserved. The catalog inspired me to wear them with a dress... and not just for snow. I know, it sounds weird, but I felt like they were more of a snow boot, and as it turns out, they are a great all-around winter boot. I paired them with this Horny Toad Roslinda dress (my all time favorite dress brand!) and some streaked tights and was surprised by how well the boots worked with the dress. It's a look I have repeated many times since.

The review: The soles of the Emmy are a tad thin for my liking. I feel like at times I can feel more through the sole than I can in other shoes/ boots. The profile of the boot is slim which suits some, but not all. Some people prefer clunkier boots but for dresses, the slim look keeps it feminine. Its got cute detail along the sides and a zip for easy in and out. The soles have good traction and are warm (enough). I think I wore them during a winter in Canada and man, my feet were cold, even with wool socks! But for the average day in the mid-west, these are fine. There is a small line of "fur-like" trim, but it doesn't look like you have an animal trapped in your boots. It's just a fine border of fuzz. The part under the detail is kinda like a thick sweater type of fabric, but it is just for show and doesn't go through to the other side of the boot. The two tone of the leather wasn't my ideal, but I've learned to like them and it doesn't bother me much anymore... except when I see the close up pictures:). These cute boots can be paired with jeans (tucked in), skirts, dresses... you name it... well, what else is there really? :)







No comments: