Friday, October 11, 2013

Tsubo Acrea

I'll admit it. I am not a heel kinda girl. I really do like the look of heels, but after about 5 minutes in most heels, I am ready to throw them out the window (along with the money I spent on them unfortunately)! I secretly (or sometimes not so secretly) envy people who can wear heels all day and maintain a smile. There are SO many cute heels out there, but as reality would have it, I am a teacher. And no, I am not one of those teachers who wear mini skirts and heels to teach in (honestly, I haven't met any teachers who do!). I work with little kids. But even the least dressiest of us still need a good pair of heels or two. I love my Tsubo Asmiks so I thought perhaps that Tsubo would carry something that would work. I saw the Tsubo Acreas and loved the different, but still somewhat classic look to them. The back part wraps around your heel but is soft and more strap-like than solid heel-like. They are just the right height for us tall gals to wear without feeling like we tower over the rest of the population, stable enough to walk in, and stylish enough to get compliments on:). I usually wear an 8 in heels (8.5 in most other styles) and the 8 is perfect for me. If it is a bit snug, I imagine the heel strap will stretch a bit with use since the leather is pretty soft. They go well with boot cut jeans (I am not secure enough to wear them with skinny jeans, though my guess is they would look great, maybe with a looser fitting blouse... do people wear blouses anymore? I'm a teacher so as a rule of thumb, and to try to not come across as too teacher-y, I stay away from blouses...), dresses, and skirts, and can be dressed up or down. I own these in black, and my one disappointment is that the inside is a brightish pink color. I like my shoes uniform... or if they aren't, I like the difference between colors to be subtle, like black outside and grey inside. Although most of the pink is hidden by your foot, a small part shows through under your heel when you walk. My friend says that her favorite part, but this isn't her blog. I highly recommend these as a versatile and comfortable shoe that can go from office (notice I didn't say school... I have yet to find an outfit I'd wear to school that would go with these... note: today I am wearing jean capris and a Cardinals t-shirt... doesn't seem to go with heels) and then out to dinner/ drinks with the girls... comfortable, classic, and cute! Apologies for the stock photo! I'll add some real ones at some point... if I remember...

No comments: