Friday, October 18, 2013

Teva Haley Boot

I saw the Teva Haley boot last year and was not a fan of the different mis-matched shades/ types of leather. The contrast between the color of the suede and the color of the leather was just too much for me. This year, I came across them again and actually thought the color difference made it unique and a bit more than your average boot. I also liked that, unlike most of my other boots, they were lower and had a little bit more of a casual-sport look to them, and unlike most of my boots, they had a super price tag attached! $55, free shipping and free returns on www.amazon.com. I couldn't resist. I bought them in September and then had to wait five weeks till the weather dropped enough that wearing boots wouldn't make me seem like someone who wanted to get a jump-start on winter. We all know those people...the ones that wear boots in September on the first 60 degree day... or the ones that wear flip flops in March when the weather gets about 50 degrees for the first time... I'm not judging... and in fact, I've probably been guilty of it too... definitely no judgement. But in this case, the boots have a very obvious fleece section that shows through and when I think fleece, I think cold... or at least cool. So, I have them on today. They are amazingly comfortable and stylish with my skinny jeans... if I do say so myself. I originally ordered an 8.5, which is my standard shoe size, and they were too small- so I sent them back for a 9, and the fit is perfect. The leather around the foot is soft and my guess is that if you have wider feet, they will stretch out a bit. I find myself already wishing that the little elastic clasps on the side were tighter and am worried that they will stretch out with time... I'm considering adding a velcro tab on the inside of the flannel piece to keep it snug and flat against the boot. There are a lot of things I like about this boot: comfort, style, uniqueness, and some things I wish I could change: clasps, and the looseness of the leather below the ankle that sometime bunches and makes it look like your feet are wider than they are... maybe if my feet were wider, they'd fit into the boot better? No idea. But given that they were $55, I'm certainly sticking with them. Plus I've worn them out so they are mine now:).


No comments: